When you have kids, they can make a mess on just about every surface in your house, including your windows. Unfortunately, windows aren't the easiest surfaces to clean in your home. If your kids have made a mess of your windows using one of the following methods, here is how you can get your windows looking crystal clear again.
Kids love to play with stickers. However, they don't always place them in the best locations. If your kids have gotten stickers stuck to your windows, you'll want to get them off as soon as possible. Here's a simple way to get those sticky stickers off your glass. Peel the paper covering off the stickers – it's okay if the sticky residue remains.
- Apply a layer of lotion to the surface of the stickers.
- Leave the lotion in place for about 20 minutes.
- Use a utility knife or razor blade to lift the sticker up off the glass.
- Pour equal parts of rubbing alcohol and water into a plastic spray bottle.
- Saturate any remaining sticky residue with your cleaning solution.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Wipe away with a clean cloth.
If your little one mistook a permanent marker for a dry erase marker and drew all over your windows, you'll need to act fast to clean up the mess. Here's a quick way to get rid of the marks.
- Use a cotton ball to apply a small amount of acetone nail polish remover to the stained window.
- Allow the nail polish remover to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Wipe the area with a damp cloth.
- Fill a spray bottle with equal parts vinegar and warm water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Spray the stained area of the window and allow the solution to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Wipe the area with a clean cloth.
- Repeat if necessary.
If those tiny little hands just smeared peanut butter all over your windows, you might be surprised to find out that ordinary window cleaner simply smears it around. Here's a simple way to get rid of the greasy mess.
- Cover the peanut butter with a small amount of grease-cutting dish soap.
- Allow the dish soap to soak in for about 15 minutes.
- Wipe the area with a wet cloth.
- Fill a spray bottle with equal parts water and rubbing alcohol.
- Spray your window with the cleaning solution and wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
If your little one has made a mess of your windows, don't panic. Use the simple methods provided here to get your windows clean. Or, if you don't feel up to the job, consider hiring professional residential window cleaners.